Re: Setting up the group: GitHub repo

> On Sep 4, 2020, at 7:36 AM, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sep 4, 2020, at 2:16, 梁海 Liang Hai <lianghai@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I thought Florian suggested an independent org for more flexibility but I probably misunderstood something…
>
> I did, but I wasn't thinking of the tools r12a is offering (as these aren't offered to all CGs), and was mainly thinking of minimizing initial overhead. And also thinking that we can always transfer later.
>
> But getting archival of everything we do, plus tools to integrate with the internationalization working group, and that sort of things, certainly does sound worth having, so my updated suggestion is to go along with what r12a is proposing (once a few more people speak in favor of doing it, as you said).

I can help set up the tooling in the font-text org (PR Preview, Horizontal Review Tracker, and perhaps Travis CI and Slack), but the advantage of setting up GitHub repos under the w3c org is that W3C has already set up these tools (so I don't need to set up them again for this new org or update them when the tooling changes). Moreover, W3C has internal backup for most of the repos under the w3c GitHub org (including activities in issues), but the font-text org doesn’t has this kind of backup (there's a GitHub Archive Program, but it's not controlled by the W3C).

Fuqiao