Re: Setting up the group: GitHub repo

Hi Richard!

> I further recommend setting up a GH repo under the W3C domain, since it will come with a bunch of tools the W3C has developed for tracking issues and the like.

Ah, makes sense. I thought those additional tools are only enabled for WG repos.

Do you think there’re some restrictions coming with a repo under W3C’s GitHub org and we should be aware of though? I thought Florian suggested an independent org for more flexibility but I probably misunderstood something…

Originally I envisioned that this CG would quickly need many more repos for specific projects. But then the recent charter discussion <https://github.com/font-text/font-text.github.io/pull/1> points out a potential direction that, in long term, we restrict this CG’s scope to non-technical contributions, and spin off new groups (with their own specific charters) for specific technical projects. In that way, we indeed won’t need that much flexibility for GitHub org-level control.

> If you like, i can create such a repo.
>
> I have already cleared it with the appropriate people at W3C. If you want to go ahead, i suggest to name the repo 'font-text'.

If we decide on this direction (let’s wait for a couple of more people to chime in), I’d like to transfer the existing repo https://github.com/font-text/font-text.github.io <https://github.com/font-text/font-text.github.io> (because we already have some activity in a single PR <https://github.com/font-text/font-text.github.io/pull/1>) to the W3C org to become the font-text repo.

Best,
梁海 Liang Hai
https://lianghai.github.io