Re: Where we stand...

Hi,

Sorry for being late with all of this.

I've created a document[1] to record our case studies. It would be great
if people could start filling in the part about their app.

For this to be the most effective, there should be the following content:

1) a short blurb about the app, what it's suppose to do, etc., so that
people unfamiliar with it have enough context,
2) the reason you're using AppCache / want to make an offline app,
3) the architecture of your app,
4) particular constraints you might have (e.g. extra security or privacy
requirements, targeting features phones, specific perf metrics, etc.),
5) requirements you have to take that app online,
6) key issues you have with existing solutions.

Note it's pointless to make this AppCache bashing or focus on tacky
workarounds. They might be worth mentioning, but it shouldn't be your main
content.

Adding an example AppCache manifest to is useful, as it helps clarify your
architecture.

I'll be publishing a similar, but more complete document on use cases
shortly.

Thanks,

--tobie

---