Re: 300-500 status codes and fallback pages

@Patrick
> It appears as if cross-origin 3xx redirect responses work in Chrome and
Safari, but do not work in FireFox. I setup a quick test case:

I can explain why in Chrome and Safari the redirect you've setup is
followed. In a nutshell, because it's a frame navigation and not a
subresource load. There are subtle differences in how the those two cases
are specified to be handled. Main resource loads are described in
mind-numbing detail here....

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/history.html#navigating-across-documents
and subresource loads here...

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/offline.html#changesToNetworkingModel
Sounds to me like FireFox does not make this distinction and has a bug.

@Andrew
> How do you deal with this use case in browsers other than Chrome?

Afaik, I don't think you can. If a requested url is in a fallback namespace
an error response will trigger the fallback. There's no way to say some
errors trigger it and other don't.