Re: Offline WebApps workshop report (was: fixing-appcache - Choosing a Chair for your Community Group)

On 4/16/12 5:01 PM, "Dominique Hazael-Massieux" <dom@w3.org> wrote:

>(trimming cc, updated subject)
>
>Le lundi 16 avril 2012 à 14:35 +0000, Tobie Langel a écrit :
>> >"W3C Workshop on The Future of Offline Web Applications
>> >Workshop Report"
>> >
>> >http://www.w3.org/2011/web-apps-ws/Report
>>
>> It seems the following line probably mixed up latter and former, no?
>>
>> "Based on the discussions, it seemed that the current design of AppCache
>> is more oriented toward the latter than the former."
>
>Hmmm... No, I think I really meant that AppCache is more oriented toward
>better performances for on-line caching (via bundle of resources) rather
>than off-line apps (where its usage remain awkward to say the least).

It's more often **used**  for offline caching, but it's clearly
**designed** for the offline app use case. In the "Fixing AppCache"
section you write:

    "The update model requires developers to write applications that are
essentially offline, but may be connected, rather than an online
application that may be offline on occasion."

Which I agree with, and which contradicts your previous statement, no?

--tobie