Re: Social Web Summit in Paris 1-4 May 2014...

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 12:10 PM, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org> wrote:
> On 02/25/2014 08:38 PM, Tantek Çelik wrote:
>>
>> hHi Harry, thanks for thinking of me. I'm actually already booked those
>>
>> dates but look forward to see what comes out of this summit.
>>
>> Those of you actively creating and deploying social web technologies
>> on your own personal sites may also be interested in upcoming
>> IndieWebCamps the next few months
>>
>> 2014-03-07..08 IndieWebCampSF
>> 2014-04-26..27 IndieWebCampNYC
>> 2014-06-28..29 IndieWebCamp 2014 (main event) in Portland
>

> Tantek,
>
> Any possibilities for an IndieWeb event in Europe?

Yes! There will be:

* 2014-09-06...07: IndieWebCampUK at Brighton, England
Last year's IndieWebCampUK sold out: http://indiewebcamp.com/2013/UK

We're looking at doing an IndieWebCampParis at some point also.

> Also note there's no paper for Ouishare I believe. It's not a W3C workshop
> :) We could also co-brand the Ouishares track "IndieWeb" if the Ouishare and
> Indieweb folks agree. I'm a fan of both brands.

"Co-brand" sounds like marketing, not building.

I only briefly looked at Ouishare (site, wiki, github) and I couldn't
figure out what it has to do with anything "social web" (perhaps I'm
being clueless), so I think I'll just step back and see what comes of
this event instead.

Thanks,

Tantek