Re: Federation protocols

Done correctly; standardized storage,  or digital identities for most real
world entities, allows for context and a much greater understanding of the
world.

Right now, even with pictures on facebook, no context, no real structure to
the data, nor control over your feed. It's the differnece between the
puzzle in the box, all the data still there.. why bother putting it
together? Well, because I can't even tell from individual pieces what "IT"
is. I just know a little bit about the piece I can see.

 The possibilities for data mining, and true connection, understanding of
ourselves and our world, is in and of itself more than a wonder of the
world, it is literally a turning point in human history.

Take for example medicine, imagine if the final system is individual blind
aggregate open source on medical records.  Find all similarities between
people who have heart attacks by age 56.

Imagine being able to detect environmental problems, by unusual geographic
trends in something like lung capacity, which you can cross reference with
smoking use.

By the same token, I want to OWN my data. I don't want 20,000 profiles and
passwords. I want someone or something to ask me for permission to view
certain information, and say yes or no, and have it not be permanent. I
want retinal scan and access to everything I ever worked on, and a good
filter for it.