Re: Federation protocols

Myspace was a key element in Facebooks development- myself, and lots of
people I know wouldn't have gotten started on Facebook without Myspace.
Myspace had elements of creative expression, which are completely, and
totally dead on Facebook. What killed Myspace was the spam and the
technical glitches. The notifications were also worse than Facebooks.

I think there are a lot of people who are theoretically worried about
privacy, and yes, the realm of people who are early adopters are small, and
somewhat outside the box.

I also hear a lot of pushback on Facebook. Zuckerbergs recent involvement
in some hare brained conservative PAC doesn't help. People want to get to
something better. but there needs to be something out there noticeably
better, 3 steps ahead, and provide more advantages than, better friend
requesting.