Lists of projects Re: Wiki page Re: Proposal to develop best practice document to focus work of W3C FSW Community Group

From: Andreas Kuckartz <A.Kuckartz@ping.de>
Date: 20 May 2013 21:40:45 +0200
To: "Dileepa Jayakody" <dileepajayakody@gmail.com>
Cc: "public-fedsocweb@w3.org" <public-fedsocweb@w3.org>
Dileepa Jayakody:
> Just found out this spreadsheet on distributed social network projects :
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtXMsLaocacrdDAwTzdPeGdPNlhZSHFMelg0MnQ2N2c&usp=sharing
>
> Maybe this doc can be updated too..

It definitely is good to have current and correct information available
on all these projects. My suggestion is to update and improve especially
this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_software_and_protocols_for_distributed_social_networking

It would help to move dead projects (such as Appleseed, DSNP and
OneSocialWeb) to a separate table. I would not delete them completely
because they are part of the history of the attempts to create an Open
Social Web.

Cheers,
Andreas