Re: On privacy and cloud services

Yes, Blaise, but that's the fascinating thing about these concepts.
If you added up all the ignorance or missing part of reality in people's
perceptions...
:)
The thing is, I've thought about these issues for a long time, not
particularly on the topic of government spying, but more so about the
financial world.
It's kind of like the area of food quality, it's amazing how quickly a
tipping point of concern by the public can be accomplished or rolls out on
its own.
I have a friend who I used to work with (at Verizon, of all places).
She pretty much used to write on blogs about feminine beauty products,
articles about stuff like that.
Then I merely mentioned to her once about the dangers of those products,
the actual history of acetone used in women's nail remover, for example,
and referenced the documentary Food, Inc, to her, and now she runs (two!)
social groups about food and environmental quality on FB. And they are
growing and on a curve I can testify. And lots of influential people, not
just the grungy fringe.
The same could easily happen to personal data if someone made the case(s).
Dan Smith
Houston