Re: RE : Re: Federation protocols

Dnia środa, 12 czerwca 2013 o 19:09:30 Evan Prodromou napisał(a):
> On 13-06-12 11:24 AM, Michał 'rysiek' Woźniak wrote:
> > Federation, however, needs interoperability.
>
> That's not true.
>
> It's possible to have an Open Source social server that's a /de facto/
> standard even though there's not a lot of other implementations of the
> protocol.
>
> jabberd in the early years of XMPP would be a good example.

Show me a de-facto standard in federated social networking and I shall become
its advocate here and now.

> I think interop is great and all that, but I think it's actually a
> slower and more difficult route to federation than widespread adoption
> of a de facto standard Open Source implementation.

Again, show me such a de facto standard, please. And until you do, I will
voice my opinion we need interoperability. I don't really care if it's
interoperability between *instances* or *implementations* as long as it is a
(de facto) standard and without a doubt (by a huge margin) *most* of the libre
people using this kind of technology use this particular protocol/standard.

--
Pozdrawiam
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Fundacja Wolnego i Otwartego Oprogramowania