Re: RE : Re: Federation protocols

Dnia środa, 12 czerwca 2013 o 15:12:06 Nick Vidal napisał(a):
> If we are serious about creating a free/open alternative to
> Facebook/Twitter, we need a killer feature that will completely set it
> apart, we need that missing link that will disrupt current social networks.
> I believe that I have this missing link, and it's called taglink.

The killer feature and the promise of libre social networking is federation
and decentralisation. People do care and people do acknowledge the importance
of these when talked to. We can really stop looking for a killer feature right
there and start, well, implementing it.

Federation, however, needs interoperability. And this is where we fail
miserably (however we describe the reasons for that).

--
Pozdrawiam
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Fundacja Wolnego i Otwartego Oprogramowania