Re: How is "Linked Open Data" different from "Linked Data"?

On 3 July 2013 12:17, Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:

> Quoting Melvin Carvalho (2013-07-03 09:19:12)
> On 3 July 2013 09:11, Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:
> >> Quoting Kingsley Idehen (2013-07-03 01:35:21)

> >> Thanks for explaining how not even "Linked Open Data" (emphasized by
> >> capital letters and quotes as being a concept rather than three words
> >> with individual meaning) is open for interpretation.
>
> Whoops - a bogus "not" accidentally sneaked into my sentence above.
>

> >> In this thread, when explaining what _I_ got confused about, I was in
> >> fact talking about a different concept than "Open systems".
> >>
> >> I shall consider to instead use linked-open-data-as-defined-by-W3C in
> >> the future, when myself talking about what I mean.
> >>

> > Linked (Open) Data is not defined normatively anywhere by the W3C.
>
> Ah, good point.
>
> What I mean is linked-open-data-as-per-W3C-draft-definition.
>
> Is that still ambiguous?  Has W3C ever made any other draft definition
> than <http://www.w3.org/TR/ld-glossary/#linked-open-data> for "Linked
> Open Data"?  Is perhaps "Open" a protected word similar to "Unix"?

[[

This document was published by the Government Linked Data Working
Group<http://www.w3.org/2011/gld/>as a Working Group Note.

Publication as a Working Group Note does not imply endorsement by the
W3CMembership. This is a draft document and may be updated, replaced
or
obsoleted by other documents at any time. It is inappropriate to cite this
document as other than work in progress.
]]

So pretty informal, and informational.  Some items may be subject to
interpretation.  Also the document is only a week old, it's very much a
work in progress (just my 2 cents)