Re: Position papers / workshop Re: FSW CG now has 100 members

On 1 July 2013 09:30, Michiel B. de Jong <anything@michielbdejong.com>wrote:

> On 2013-07-01 08:51, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
>
>> I noticed that the Program Committee for that workshop mostly consists
>> of people who do not seem to be active in the Federated Social Web
>> community.
>>

> i do not agree there Andreas, although maybe there are multiple "bubbles"
> of active people, and we are probably in a more European bubble.
>
> for me it is also hard to attend the workshop this year, but maybe we can
> organize some presence in Europe, for instance, is anybody on this list
> going to OHM2013 and/or 30C3? we should definitely also get something at
> FOSDEM again. we can have a federated fedsocweb community :)

Michiel, I too would like to see something in europe.

I'll be going to "socialnet 3.0" in August in Berlin, which has some CCC
folks I think.  Hopefully I'll be able to demo tabulator a complete
javascript social network in your browser

We had a really productive 2 day workshop at TPAC 2012 in November in Lyon,
where the FSW group was one of the joint themes.  The session was packed,
but I think only 1-2 from this list attended

Regarding standarization, I think it's difficult to argue that facebook is
not the leader in terms of both adoption and engineering.  Without facebook
at the table, I think standarization would be a slightly different prospect.