Re: Websockets

17.09.2012 16:07 skrev Evan Prodromou:
> Has anyone else looked into using Websockets for server-to-server
> distribution of activities?
>
> Seems like it could be very efficient.

I personally have much more of an affinity for the XMPP protocol.
Should servers start communicating with anything other than HTTP POSTs,
XMPP communication would be a great solution.

There's even XMPP over BOSH, should only HTTP communication be
available for some reason: http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0206.html

Also it would be well-aligned with the current efforts of networks such
as Movim that build social webs on the XMPP protocol.

--
Mikael Nordfeldth
http://blog.mmn-o.se/