Re: Needz - a new classified service with federation

Nothing in theory stops Needz being plugged into an existing FSN, indeed in the early days we used status.net then Diaspora to check Salmon was working correctly. As always in software development it's now a case of deciding where we allocate resources to make the most impact, if plugging in to an existing FSN gets to the top we could do it easily enough.

Our search solution is based on open standards (pubsubhubbub) pushing to an open source ElasticSearch instance. The protocol seems to be very suitable for enabling search on an FSN but we don't know of anyone else using it in this way.

Ed