Re: one-way sameAs and friendOf links

On 7/19/12 8:08 AM, Michiel de Jong wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 2:04 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>> On 7/19/12 6:39 AM, Michiel de Jong wrote:
>>> - find out what this document is trying to tell us,
>> How do you determine what the content of a document is telling you or your
>> user agent?
> Oh, that's the easy part, i consider that a solved problem. See
>
> https://github.com/unhosted/useraddress/tree/master/parser
>
> My question in this thread was about what to do with uni-directional
> claims, not how to read the documents that make them.

My point is about "what to do" being another way of saying: how do I
entail based on reasoning. Basically, how do I obtain actionable meaning
from content. It always boils down to the semantics of the entity
relationships rescribed by the overall data model .

You can have a uni-directional claim on the surface that's basically a
relationship with functional, inverse-functional, symmetrical,
equivalence, or inverse semantics, for instance. My fundamental point is
that these relationship semantics have been with us forever, so ignoring
them is ultimately futile, since they aren't format / syntax specific.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO