Re: Network identity / brand

On 7/7/12 3:11 PM, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> On 06/07/12 04:39 AM, Antonio Tapiador del Dujo wrote:
>> Something I am missing in the Federated Social Web is some kind of
>> network identity, which gathers all the sites that can talk to each
>> other. The kind of identity that appeared with "the internet" or "the
>> web" and people could ask "are you in the internet?" or "do you have
>> a website?"
>>
>> Maybe we could build some kind of FedSocNet, so you could ask your
>> site admin, "is our site in the FedSocNet?"
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
> I think this is a cool idea.
>
> I can think of a few comparable questions:
>
>   * "Do you have email?" or "What's your email [address]?"
>   * "Do you have a Web site?"
>   * "Do you have a blog?"
>
> So, what would you say for having a home on the federated social web?
> "Do you have a node?"

You could ask one of the following questions:

1. Do you have a WebID -- today that implies a digital identity verified
using the WebID authentication protocol which is driven by http:
(denotation and access mechanism) and profiles expressed in RDF

2. Do you have a NetID -- same as the above modulo http: and RDF format
specificity; for instance, you have acct: (denotation), webfinger
(access mechanism via http) ,  and xrd based profiles .

That's it. All of the above are driven by an entity-attribute-value
model that constrains content creation (be it XRD or RDF profile
documents) . The mode is enhanced via use of de-referencable URIs as a
mechanism for combining denotation (across E-A-V structure components)
and Web resource (document) access, via implicit or explicit indirection

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO