Re: [expath] EXPath: MongoDB Module?

On 24 February 2015 at 22:13, Hans-Juergen Rennau <hrennau@yahoo.de> wrote:
> Adam, your objection certainly makes sense. But perhaps here are two
> different perspectives possible - an API offering abstractions and
> generalizations, and an API which is a plain, straightforward, one-to-one
> gateway to a particular technology. The granularity and sope of Java APIs
> can be our guide - if two NoSQL databases have two different APIs, it makes
> sense to add two modules to XQuery.

IMHO it only makes sense if the APIs are so different that you cannot
create an abstraction, or if such an abstraction would so dilute the
ability to perform the intended purpose that it was unfit.

Obviously I am not going to stop anyone if they really want to spend
their time on this, I was rather asking if there was not a way to
abstract this, that would mean 1 spec for N implementations.

--
Adam Retter

eXist Developer
{ United Kingdom }