Re: xs:hexBinary or base64binary (Was: Re: Comments on binary specification)

On 14 March 2013 10:50, Michael Kay wrote:

> Whichever of these is chosen, it should be clear that (like
> "numeric" in the F+O functions) it's not (necessarily) a real
> type that users can use in their own functions.

  Would not that restrict the usability of such a type?  I expect
users to write functions wrapping the binary functions, adding
features to them, proxying the params and/or the return values,
etc.  If their type is not representable by a user function (nor
for the type of a variable), I think that would be a huge
restriction in usability.

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges