Re: [Fwd: Binary proposal]

On 13.3.2013 15:18, Christian Grün wrote:
> - Most EXPath specs and vendor-specific modules avoid redundancies in
> the prefixes and the function names. This is why I would suggest to
> remove the "binary-" string in some of the function names and instead
> rename the prefix to "binary". The resulting names could be called
> "binary:length", "binary:or", etc.

This looks tempting. However my only concern is that if this binary
module is adopted as built in for some future version of
XPath/XQuery/XSLT then it would be more natural to allow to use
functions without namespace prefixes. By removing binary- prefix we will
get naming clashes with several existing XPath functions.