Re: Comment on "Allow both xs:base64Binary and xs:hexBinary as arguments"

(Resend.... to see if it hits the list)
Florent Georges wrote:
> On 4 July 2013 17:35, Adam Retter wrote:
>
>> Functions should explicitly take xs:base64binary and return
>> xs:base64binary because that is the type used in other EXPath
>> specs.
>>
>> What if you want xs:hexBinary? Simply, we provide conversion
>> functions to/from hex to base64.
>>
>   Yes.  I start to think this is probably the most practical approach...
>
>   - one single type consistently used across the spec
>   - no custom type
>   - specific entry points (in and out) to use other types
On the assumption that the converter functions (bin:base64B-to-hexB(),
bin:hexB-to-base64B()) are cheap wrapper implementations (i.e. no bulk
transfer of data), then a parallel library for hexBinary could easily be
written in pure XSLT.

John Lumley
john@saxonica.com