EXPath binary module - comments - bin:subsequence()

On 03/08/2013 15:42, Florent Georges wrote:
> I agree.  What about bin:slice()?
I agree in retrospect that subsequence isn't the right term. What we're
really after is a binary equivalent of fn:substring(), but of course it
isn't a string.

bin:split() and perhaps even bin:slice() have connotations of cutting
into several parts (c.f. java String.split()), which is what this
function doesn't do.  bin:sub() may be just too short. bin:range() may
be confused with something about identifying the 'range' of some data.

bin:subsection() might be confused with some sort of implicit structuring.

What about bin:subpart() ?

John
--
*John Lumley* MA PhD CEng FIEE