Re: [Standards] Proposal for including EXI in XMPP

Dear Randy,

From: Randy Turner <rturner@amalfisystems.com>
Subject: Re: [Standards] Proposal for including EXI in XMPP
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 08:08:25 -0700

> I was curious what the definition of "constrained" is ?

You're right. Full-spec EXI does require certain amount of codes, but
one can implement dedicated EXI processor for a protocol if we select
appropriate set of options, schema, and some other aspects such as
schema evolution management scheme. In my experience, SEP2 works on
that way to make home appliances work with constrained hardware
resource.

Advantage of such EXI use against proprietary message format is
messages on the wire is still compatible with regular full-spec EXI
processor and you're free to construct servers with some regular EXI
processors.

// Yusuke DOI <yusuke.doi@toshiba.co.jp>, TOSHIBA R&D Center