Re: [public-exi] <none>

On May 29, 2009, at 02:59 , Taki Kamiya wrote:
> You also indicated that SVG schema is huge.
> (Maybe you can call it even small compared with Docbook schema, I
> suppose. ;-)
>
> You may want to separate the schema used for exchange from the more
> stringent,
> constraining schema used for validation. One simple schema may just
> declare
> element and attribute names so that their names get into the initial
> string
> table. You should be able to calibrate the schema by defining some
> element
> content as repeatable choice of child elements so that the generated
> grammar
> is of minimal size, as necessary.

If you're willing to transform the document before encoding (in a way
that is unlikely to cause failure) you can also declare that <defs> is
the required first child of the root element, then fold all content
from other <defs> into it, plus all paint servers (linearGradient,
radialGradient, solidColor) as well as filter, mask, clipPath, etc.,
and make all of those forbidden elsewhere (instead of able to appear
anywhere).

You can also normalise the style attribute (removing it completely),
and kill most of the XLink attributes too.

There's a lot that can be done! As Taki says, relish!

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/