From: public-exi-request@w3.org [mailto:public-exi-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of santhanakrishnan
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 2:10 AM
To: public-exi@w3.org
Subject: [EXI] CH Event processing

Hi

       During encoding when we encounter a CH EVENT and if the current
grammar does not have a production with event code of length 1 matching CH
event we add a new production for CH with event code 0. This is quite
useful.

       But why should not the existing CH production be removed from the
grammar. I feel it is simply a place holder and in some cases can lead to
extra bit for encoding than necessary(when there are 2**n productions).

       So I suggest to remove the existing CH production when we are adding
a new CH production with event code length of 0.

Regards

Santhanakrishnan