Re: EXI in ECN?

From: Ed Day <eday@obj-sys.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 15:16:22 -0400
To: public-exi@w3.org

I am quite familiar with ASN.1, but would not consider myself an expert
on everything that can be done with ECN.  However, based on what I know
about ECN and about EXI at this point, I do not believe it is possible
to capture all of the semantics that are involved in encoding or
decoding EXI messages with ECN.  The primary reason has to do with the
ways the grammars evolve as information is processed in converting XML
to EXI.  This "learning" cannot be expressed in static terms.

I hope this helps.  If anyone has any more advanced knowledge of ECN and
knows a way to describe EXI using it, I would be interested to hear it.

Regards,

--
Ed Day
Objective Systems, Inc.