Re: Representing Sequences of Educational Exercises and Activities

Phil,
All,

Hello. One difference between the K12-OCX model [2][3] (as I currently understand it) and the proposed ideas [1] sketched for discussion is that the proposed ideas utilize JavaScript to enable dynamic sequences of items.

The proposed ideas [1] intend to enable expressiveness for content-authoring teams including and beyond static sequences of activities (e.g., arrays or ItemLists of Activities).

Instead of content authors having to manually write these JavaScript algorithms, software tools can be envisioned which would allow content authors to create and to use diagrams and visualizations. These software tools would then generate and output packages including JavaScript algorithms.

Brainstorming with respect to models, schemas, and ontologies, perhaps there could be included a new or existing model component, "Algorithm", representing a thing which schedules Activities for learners?

Happy to discuss the proposed ideas [1], K12-OCX [2][3], or both.

Best regards,
Adam

[1] https://github.com/WICG/proposals/issues/153

[2] https://k12ocx.github.io/k12ocx-specs/