Re: Serving XHTML documents

Le 22 juil. 2005, à 03:07, James Pickering a écrit :
> It is indeed rendering as prescribed. After expending this effort I
> got to wondering about how document serving and MIME type handling is
> being contemplated for XHTML 2.0?  I checked the working draft

The [XHTML 2.0 document][1], as you said, is a WD

> but couldn't quite grasp the proposed methodology.

A methodology? Let's take the document of [3. Document Conformance][2]
minus the final pre which is a typo.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/css"
                     href="http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/style/xhtml2.css"?>
     "http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/DTD/xhtml2.dtd">
       xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2002/06/xhtml2/
                           http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/SCHEMA/xhtml2.xsd">
   <head>
     <title>Virtual Library</title>
   </head>

If you want to serve this document

	application/xml+xhtml

seems to be the right mime-type. Though XHTML 2.0 is yet to be
implemented in browsers. For example, we could say that the semantics
of XHTML 2.0 is still unknown for a browser now.
	“title” in a section “head”, what the browser should do with that,
when dealing with an XHTML 2.0 document? I guess it should displayed it
somewhere in the browser and be used to bookmark.

	[[[
	For reasons of accessibility, user agents must always make
	the content of the title element available to users. The
	mechanism for doing so depends on the user agent (e.g., as
	a caption, spoken).
	]]] - http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/mod-document.html#edef_document_title

But that is, in theory, not yet implemented for XHTML 2.0.

[1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-xhtml2-20050527/
[2]:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-xhtml2-20050527/conformance.html#s_conform

W3C Conformance Manager