Re: Web Browser Standards Support

Le 05-12-14 à 19:26, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :
> Quoting Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>:
>> I haven't had the chance to evaluate the report but it seems
>> interesting. It shows for example that HTML 4.01 is far to be
>> implemented, even if we read often the opposite here and there.
>
> Kind of hard to do for browsers without proper testsuites and
> without HTML 4.01
> being fixed for error handling and other ambiguous cases.

Yes agreed Anne.
Kind of surprising that
	* Safari (Dave Hyatt), - W3C Member
	* Mozilla (Ian Hickson) - W3C Member, and
	* Opera (Anne Van Kesteren, ex Ian Hickson) - W3C Member
haven't committed to finish the completion of the [HTML 4.01 Test
Suite][1] initially started by Microsoft (Tantek Çelik) and the WASP
released in… 2003!

[1]: http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Test/HTML401/current/

I haven't found also a Test Suite for Web Apps 1.0 and WebForms 2.0
as well. Do you know if it exists?

*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***