Re: Best Practices in HTML Re: The use of W3C standards in Denmark Part II

Le 08 mars 2004, à 14:59, Tex Texin a écrit :
> It could be the philosophy behind the validator has changed, but in
> Nov. 2002,
> I reported that the validator did not check for problems such as links
> fragments that do not exist. (e.g. <a href="#tex"> with no
> corresponding id=tex
> or name=tex in the document).
> At the time it was stated that it wasn't a priority for the validator
> to find
> problems such as this, unless it was covered by the DTD. i.e. strictly
> speaking
> it wasn't a validation problem.

I think "link checker" verifies this type of mistakes: internal links
of a document
	http://validator.w3.org/checklink

Would you be interested to
	1. make the list of all requirements MUST, MAY, SHOULD, etc included
in the HTML Spec. (MUST are already done, see my previous message.)
	2. give an example on what do you think a validator should work with
such a list. Implementation requirements for the validator to be able
to detect or warn users.

It can be a collective  effort of the mailing list. Though I'm not sure
of the right forum for that? public-qa-dev? www-qa? or here?

Olivier, what do you think about it?

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***