Re: [SumsaultRT #212] example of sending correct headers with Apache?

Le mer 24/09/2003 à 17:51, Mark Stosberg a écrit :
> I was just reading here about character encodings:
>
> Down in section C.9, it states: "the best approach is to ensure that the
> web server provides the correct headers. "
>
> I would like to do this, but I'm unsure of how to configure my Apache
> web server to send the correct headers by default. Could someone post an
> example of what the correct headers would be and/or an example of a
> "correct" Apache configuration for this?

Provided that all your xhtml files have a uniform extension (say .html)
and a uniform encoding (say iso-8859-1), and provided that you serve
them as text/html (but this applies trivially to application/xhtml+xml),
you can add (or amend an existing entry) the following directive:
AddType text/html;charset=iso-8859-1	html

Hope this helps,

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org