Re: Netscape 4 and 7

At 5:50 AM -0500 8/30/02, Holly wrote:
>Someone just told me last week that NN4.8  had been released.
>So it seems that there still is some support for the 4 versions out
>there. I do not know what types of changes were made to this release
>version.

It was released, on or around August 22.  I have yet to install it.
Netscape's release notes are available, although they (as usual) don't
actually say anything much.

http://wp.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/4.8/relnotes/windows-4.8.html

I can't understand why they would release this ancient browser in the same
week as version 7.  Maybe it's a coincidence, or some larger scheme is
afoot.  Ah Netscape, still an enigma...

-Joseph