Re: CSS and Netscape

On Friday, August 30, 2002, at 03:59 AM, Thor Larholm wrote:
> Short and simple:
> If you want Netscape 4.X support, you do not want standards ....
> I apologize if that sounds crude, but welcome to the real world .... Give
> up Netscape 4 or give up standards.

Mike, and everyone else, this is absolutely incorrect.

Many designer have been designing standards compliant websites that
display perfectly and work real swell in Netscape 4 for a couple of years
now. Especially using XHTML.

Some believe you must sacrifice your visual design to be standards
compliant in NS4. This is untrue. One has nothing to do with the other.

Some believe you must rely on hacks to be standards compliant in NS4. Like
the visual design, any hacks used have nothing to do with either NS4 or
standards.

There is no line of comparison that suggests non-standards can, in any way,
  be better, more cost effective, more visually attractive, or better for
your customers than designing with standards.

Even is you use NS4.

--
Austin