From: Libby Miller [mailto:Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk]
Sent: 15 January 2003 23:40
To: www-rdf-rules@w3.org
Cc: public-esw@w3.org
Subject: RDF query testcases?

Hi all

We have some effort in SWAD-Europe [1] to write a document about RDF
query [see [2]]. Part of this will be FAQ-based - a start is here [3],
(and I'd be grateful for any FAQs or answers).

The main reason for sending this message it because I've chatted to a
few people who feel that a collection of RDF query testcases would be a
useful thing to have, and I can put some effort into this - maybe as a
minimum, finding out what's already available, and maybe look into some
ways of enabling one query language implementation to use another's
testcases.

So, would anyone out there like to share their test and their
experiences of writing them? I can infer that Jena and 4suite have
them; I think Mozilla has some too. I've got some here for Inkling:

http://swordfish.rdfweb.org/rdfquery/tests/
http://swordfish.rdfweb.org/rdfquery/rdf/
http://swordfish.rdfweb.org/rdfquery/queries/

Basically the test scripts read in
http://swordfish.rdfweb.org/rdfquery/rdf/query-results-manifest.rdf

which specifies the RDF/XML file to pull in, the query to use and the
expected number of rows in the resulting table. So it's only a very
basic test of whether the query engine is functioning.

Any more? Any thoughts?

cheers,

Libby

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/