Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:48:50 +0200
From: Edmundas Zvirblis <zvirblis@infobalt.lt>
To: libby.miller <libby.miller@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc: sb <sb@stilo.com>, danbri <danbri@w3.org>, m.d.wilson <m.d.wilson@rl.ac.uk>,
     martin_merry <martin_merry@hp.com>
Subject: Invitation to make presentation

Dear Libby MILLER,

It is our great pleasure to extend to you an invitation to make presentation
or to participate at the TELEBALT  Conference Teleworking for Business,
Education, Research and e-Commerce (Vilnius, Lithuania, 21-22 October
2002): (http://www.infobalt.lt/telebalt )

On behalf of the organizers we invite you or your project SWAD-EUROPE
partner to submit presentation topics, abstracts and bios for the TELEBALT
Conference. The number of possible presentation is limited.

Organised by INFOBALT - Association of Information Technologies,
Telecommunications and Office Equipment of Lithuania in the frame of the
project TELEBALT (Teleworking as a Tool for Information Society Technologies
Programme Promotion to Baltic States) funded by Information Society
Programme of the European Union. The conference is organized in co-operation
with Earth Data Networks for Education and Scientific Exchange (EDNES),
France, public foundation Open Latvia.

The Conference Teleworking for Business, Education, Research and
 e-Commerce aims at strengthening the scientific and technological
co-operation between the European Union and the Newly Associated States
(NAS), in particular the Baltic countries in the field of IT application to
new methods of work, business, education, research, e-commerce, medicine,
regional development and social integration using IT.

Currently Baltic States community faces changes and opening possibilities
for cooperation with EU partners in the field of information society
development and added value creation through the various information and
communication technology related programmes. In-time acknowledgement about
these possibilities would serve as basement for future fruitful
collaboration.

Some 50 speakers and 200 participants from all countries of the Baltic
Region and the European Union and the European Commission have been invited
and will be invited. Parallel to the TELEBALT conference INFOBALT organize
4th International Conference Information Society 2002 and League of
Investors. These events will take place in the same venue as TELEBALT. Last
year it attracted some 90 speakers and 600 participants. More information
about these events at http://www.infobalt.lt/english/ .
TELEBALT conference participants will have occasion to present their IST
project in the INFOBALT 2002 trade fair that will be organized 23-26 October
2002. It is 9th International ICT sector trade fair and is the major such a
type event in Baltic States. Last year it attracted 200 exhibitors and 60000
visitors (+ 100 000 visited virtual trade fair). Association INFOBALT and
organized events will also provide occasion to disseminate material about
your project, extend it finding new partners from Candidate Countries or
initiate new activities under various EU programmes umbrella.

Edmundas Zvirblis or Saulius Arelis will provide detailed information under
your request.

We also contact you due to the project SWAD-EUROPE, for which you have been
mentioned as the contact person implementing another Association INFOBALT
activity.

Association INFOBALT participates in working group P2F (Projects to
 Funds), which was initiated by the Information Society Development
Committee under the Government of Lithuania. The working group P2F was
especially formed, to develop a large range of multiple project proposals
and to seek subsequently for their co-funding at international donor
programmes. Currently, P2F comprises sixteen members from different
Lithuanian ministries, universities and private companies.
It is one of our immediate tasks, to gather 50-70 project proposals from
previously successful funded ICT projects. Thus, we aim to achieve both, (a)
to facilitate the project development work of the working group, as well as
(b) to identify appropriate cooperation partners and programmes for joint
projects. The gathered information will be made available to the members of
the working group P2F only.
For this reason we kindly ask you to provide us with more background
information to the project mentioned above. Of a particular interest for us
would be the project application form as it was submitted to the co-funding
donor programme (We currently still lack experience with non-national donor
programmes; thus an application example would be of a great value for us).

Many thanks in advance for your assistance. If you have any further
questions, please do not hesitate to contact Saulius Arelis at any time. You
may also get a deeper insight in the functions and responsibilities of the
two major stakeholder organisations of the working group P2F at the links
below. Yours sincerely,

Yours sincerely,

Edmundas Zvirblis
Project Manager