Re: Best API to consume SKOS data

CHIN selected and deployed a TMS (PoolParty) about a year ago and the
Nomenclature editors are using it actively.
So it's not a question of selecting a new TMS but a quest for what would be
the best API to provide for accessing the data.

CHIN have collected some API requirements (calls that would be most useful)
that have specifics:

Especially regarding language and language fallbacks. Eg their website uses
two flags "en vs fr" and "Canadian vs international".
I've recommended passing these as one "RDF-like" param rather than two
numeric flags.
Eg "lang=en-CA" would mean "Give me prefLabels in English-Canadian if
available, else in English" and correspond to this HTTP header:
"dialects", if such were in the data.
Does any of the existing APIs implement lang filtering and fallback logic?

It may well happen that because of such specifics, a custom API will be
implemented.
(A promising approach is grlc, which implements APIs as a collection of
SPARQL queries).

The feedback that we seek is what FORM of API the community thinks is most
appropriate.
BTW, in addition to the 3 modern standards I mentioned (LDP, Hydra and
GraphQL),
we are definitely considering OpenAPI (Swagger) that provides introspection
and generation of API UIs.
Even though the introspection is not RDF-based, OpenAPI is extremely
popular.
grlc implements OpenAPI.