Re: National authorities using CPOV, http-URI, RDF and/or SKOS

Dear Maria,

another interesting example of SKOS usage, also to fulfil the INSPIRE
directive [1], is the GBA Thesaurus [2], which is a multilingual (en/de)
controlled vocabulary for geosciences provided by the Geological Survey of
Austria (GBA) [3].

It offers a full-blown linked data platform incl. SPARQL endpoint and
several visualisations with mappings to GeoSciML [4], Enipedia [5], BGS
[6], or to DBpedia [7].

The thesaurus is used in several applications, e.g. as the basis for GBA's
data viewer to analyse geological units [8].

[1] http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/
[2] http://resource.geolba.ac.at/
[3] https://www.geologie.ac.at/en/services/thesaurus/
[4] http://resource.geosciml.org/