RE: Using iso-thes to publish 1:n-relations between skos:Concepts from different concept schemes

Hello Antoine,

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 5:14 PM, Antoine Isaac [mailto:aisaac@few.vu.nl] wrote:

> Hi Lars,
>
> On 21/02/17 14:55, Svensson, Lars wrote:
> > Hello Antoine,

> >> specific
> coordination.
> >> In
> largely

> use
> >> madsrdf, if they are pre-coordinated, you shouldn't.
> >>

> >> Er isn't it the other way round? MADS was made for LCSH...
> >
> > Then I don't quite understand your comment... Can you expand a bit on what you
> meant?
> >

> MADS/RDF's concept coordination features was made with (pre-coordinated) LCSH in
> mind. So I didn't understand your sentence "If the vocabularies are post-coordinated,
> you can use madsrdf, if they are pre-coordinated, you shouldn't" at it goes in the other
> direction.

Ah, I meant your following statement:

[[
> >> specific
> coordination.
> >> In
> largely
]]

I interpreted that as if you meant that MADS/RDF works well with post-coordinated combinations but not with pre-coordinated ones, which obviously wasn't what you meant. Can you expand a bit on that?

> Anyway I don't think it's a big deal. I.e., even if MADS/RDF fits well the pre-
> coordinated cases, it's not essentially bad for tackling other situations.

Best,

Lars