Re: Call for Papers: The role of the thesaurus in modern information retrieval

Dear Stella, (copy to SKOS community)

If I had time (but I haven't) I would develop the relation between the
need for Thesauri
and the need for each of us to control our "information diet",
this speech being a real enlightenment:
http://www.ted.com/talks/jp_rangaswami_information_is_food

Working on thesauri would be a regular exercise for "information
consumers" (individuals or Community of Practice) to align their
conceptual worlds (indexation+classification scheme) to their research
needs.
... To cook their (information) food to make it enjoyable, measured
(avoid info-obesity) and digestible ...

Thesauri (and their technical evolution SKOS) perceived decline is only
due to this immense difficulty to discipline ourselves in our relation
to ubiquitous information.
Ah, if I was only able to practice methodologies I preach!

Wishing you a very nice day!

Christophe

Christophe Dupriez
DESTIN-Informatique.com