Re: Comparing versions of SKOS terminologies

On 9/10/13 7:55 AM, Vladimir Alexiev wrote:
>> I like the differentiation between delta and history
>
> Yes.
> And this could be attached to various KOS entities: Concepts, Labels (in various languages), Notes and Definitions (in various languages), Relations (semantic or mapping relations).
>
> Examples of revision history actions for Concepts may include: create, update, delete, undelete, merge...
> Examples of editorial workflow actions for Concepts may include: propose, accept, reject, publish...
> Actions for relations may include add, delete, update (e.g. move a concept in the hierarchy)...
>
> In addition to Delta and History, two other Provenance aspects are:
> - basic DCT information: created, modified, issued, valid...
> - Sources and contributors of a KOS entity
>
> Has anyone researched approaches for standardizing the above? I'd first look at PROV...

At the higher-level (ie. not the one of tools, which was the focus of this thread at the beginning) there are many papers on gathering the types of changes you describe:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/SKOS/Issues/ConceptEvolution
has some.

But no standardization that I know...

Cheers,