Re: future of SKOS constraint S12 in an RDF 1.1 world?

Hi Bob,

That is unusual that the SKOS spec did not allow for xsd:string
literals at the time. People have been typing string literals as
xsd:string since well before SKOS came around.

If one interprets the SKOS spec liberally with respect to RDF-1.1 then
it would make sense to simply read "plain literals" as "xsd:string
typed literals". The basis for this pragmatic change would be that
"plain literals" will have no meaning soon, even if RDF-1.0 documents
are still going to be readable by RDF-1.1 parsers.

Is it a big issue to change the SKOS spec?

Cheers,

Peter