future of SKOS constraint S12 in an RDF 1.1 world?

From: Bob DuCharme <bob@snee.com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 09:00:54 -0400
To: public-esw-thes@w3.org
At http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-skos-reference-20090818/#L1329 the SKOS
spec says the following for constraint S12: "The rdfs:range of each of
skos:prefLabel, skos:altLabel and skos:hiddenLabel is the class of RDF
plain literals." As I understand this, the triple {:myConcept1
skos:prefLabel "my home page"^^xsd:string} violates this constraint, but
wouldn't if the object was just "my home page".

At http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-concepts/#section-Graph-Literal, the RDF
1.1 Concepts and Abstract Syntax says "This section is a major departure
from RDF 2004 as simple literals are now treated as syntactic sugar for
xsd:string typed literals."

If simple literals are treated as xsd:string typed literals, what would
this mean for constraint S12?

thanks,

Bob