Re: Ordering concepts in a Tree display

On 20.01.2011 18:57, Christophe Dupriez wrote:

> Do you think we need a Collation definition if we have an optional
> sortKey property? The collating process may be more a question of
 > process than one of data?

With a Collacation ontology you could define and share the process that
dynamically calculates your sortKey. But sure we can start with a simple
sortKey property and later add best-practice methods how to generate it.
I am not fully comfortable with having it as property of the concept,
but the triple-model of RDF does not let us do better without
reification. Whe should only agree on:

1. The URI of the sortKey property
2. The domain of the property (literal with integer datatype?)
3. Whether a resource can have more than one sortKey (similar to
http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/#S14 for prefLabel).

Jakob

--
Jakob Voß <jakob.voss@gbv.de>, skype: nichtich
Platz der Goettinger Sieben 1, 37073 Göttingen, Germany