Re: FOAF spec revised - addtion of foaf:focus, a skos extension linking topical and factual information

Hi everyone,

How to resist such discussion?? At least I won't try to add stuff, but instead have a shoot at some of the proposals around :p

1. I think we have to be careful with whatever carries the idea of "name" or "term". There might be collision with other ways of looking at (term-based) KOSs (e.g., http://nkos.slis.kent.edu/FRSAR/index.html). Which includes in fact SKOS(XL): a "termFor" would rather apply for something skosxl:Label, I think. "conceptFor" is less dangerous!

2. Among Alistair's proposals there are some which sound like (soft) similarity (simile, analogue) at least in my ear of non-native. Maybe this is not ideal if the entities linked do not belong to the same level (KOS vs. "real-world").
"incarnation" stuff sounds much better, Actually it reminds me of Bernard's "praesens", which I like a lot (esp. for the interesting collision with the cool and modern "foaf" namespace ;-) ).

Otherwise "proxy" is used by ORE (http://www.openarchives.org/ore/1.0/datamodel#Proxies) and in the Europeana context we almost routinely use SKOSification to refer to the transformation of legacy KOS representation to brand new SKOS resoources ;-) so these ones are taken.!

Cheers,

Antoine