Re: [Fwd: Re: Serialization skos:Concept vs owl:Thing vs rdf..]

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 05:44:08PM +0200, Simon Cox wrote:
> OK - I've just checked the SKOS Reference Recommendation, and see that the
> relationship between SKOS and OWL is normative, so you are correct.
> I thought I recalled that SKOS was defined only in terms of RDF and RDFS,
> with the links to OWL being non-normative, but maybe that was an earlier
> version, or maybe I'm mistaken.

Hi Simon,

You may be thinking of the non-normative OWL DL sub-set [1]:

    C.3. SKOS RDF Schema - OWL 1 DL Sub-set (informative)

    For the convenience of tools and applications that wish to
    work within the constraints of OWL DL, the SKOS RDF Schema -
    OWL 1 DL Sub-set [SKOS-RDF-OWL1-DL] provides a modified,
    informative, schema which conforms to those constraints.
    Note that this schema is obtained through the deletion of
    triples representing axioms that violate OWL DL constraints.
    Alternative prunings could be performed.

    The SKOS OWL 1 DL Sub-set is available by citing its URI:
    http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/skos-owl1-dl.rdf

Tom

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-skos-reference-20090818/#namespace-documents

--