RE: Need advice on using same URI for SKOS and FOAF descriptions

Right that's what I'm trying to find out: what are the consequences of
using the same Real-World Object (RWO) URI for both of these
representations.  My gut reaction was that the project is heading for
troubled waters, but I don't know what would be lurking ahead, which
is what I'm trying to find out.

> I'd say that if you have several values for the same property for your
> two "instances", that hints that your application requires distinct
> individuals, and not conflating possibly incompatible information!

I thought about this last night and a possible solution might be to do
something like:

<rdf:RDF>
  <foaf:Person rdf:about="http://example.org/person/1#foaf">
    <foaf:name>person 1</foaf:name>
    <dc:date>1995</dc:date>
    <owl:equivalentClass rdf:resource="http://example.org/person/1" />
  </foaf:Person>
  <skos:Concept rdf:about="http://example.org/person/1#skos">
    <skos:prefLabel>person 1</skos:prefLabel>
    <dc:date>1996</dc:date>
    <owl:equivalentClass rdf:resource="http://example.org/person/1" />
  </skos:Concept>
</rdf:RDF>

This keeps the project's FOAF and SKOS descriptions separate and I think
it keeps the integrity of the RWO URI.  If a user agent dereferences the
FOAF or SKOS URI the server will see the RWO URI and can allow CONNEG so
the user agent can get back the appropriate representation.  What are
your thoughts on using the hashed URIs for the different representations?

Thanks, Andy.