Re: Small, standalone, RDF parsers

From: Norman Gray <norman@astro.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 13:10:36 +0100
To: Christophe Dupriez <christophe.dupriez@destin.be>
Cc: SKOS <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

Christophe, hello.

On 2009 Apr 9, at 12:37, Christophe Dupriez wrote:

> Thank you very much for this well focussed example!

I'm very glad it was useful.  I believe a current problem with the
semantic web is that the developer learning curve can sometimes seem
like it requires pitons and ropes, and thus faith enough to believe
that the result will be worthwhile.

> I have now POJOs modelled after SKOS and I defined a
> ConceptScheme.xsd to marshall/unmarshall them in XML using JAXB.
> It loads all Agrovoc in 7 seconds (3GHz portable PC under Windows).
> I must now only define a setTriple and a getTriples able to add/test/
> retrieve triples within my POJO world... right?

That sounds good.  Note that testing and retrieving triples using the
Graph interface illustrated there would rapidly become very hard work,
and for anything more complicated than SKOS you'd very probably want
to explore using SPARQL instead (which Sesame supports, too).

Best wishes,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk
Dept Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester