 From: public-esw-thes-request@w3.org on behalf of Rob Tice
 Sent: Mon 10/6/2008 14:49
 To: public-esw-thes@w3.org
 Subject: SKOS impl update

 Thanks to all the responses to my previous posts both on and off
list.

 The responses we have received include solutions/work arounds for
many of
 the use cases we require (but interestingly not all). The slight
 'difficulty' is that many of the responses offered different
solutions to
 the same problems. Our reason for additionally exposing our data as
SKOS is
 not to implement a SKOS model (we have our own) but to enhance data
 interoperability by offering another format. To this end (for us)
this
 flexibility (or lack of clarity depending upon viewpoint :))is
actually a
 barrier to our implementation.

 Because of this we have decided (at the moment) to implement SKOS as
an
 additional mechanism for exposing the latest revision/version of a
 vocabulary (which we believe will be useful to all SKOS 'consumers'),
but
 not as a mechanism for exposing change and lifecycle management or
version
 control.

 I am sure we will have more questions as we progress and if anyone
has any
 SKOS data which they don’t mind sharing (> 5,000 concepts especially
welcome
 :)) it would be great to get some more test data.

 Many thanks again for all your help so far.

 Cheers

 Rob

 Rob Tice, Director
 Knowledge Integration Ltd