Re: expressing simple bilingual word/phrase correspondences

Danny Ayers wrote:
> I'm optimistic someone familiar with SKOS will be able to give me an
> instant answer, save me trawling/thinking :-)
>
> All I want is to put dictionary correspondences into RDF, derived from
> a tab delimited text file, a sample:

> magpie gazza
> maid signorina
> maize granturco
> majority maggioranza

You could probably do this in pure SKOS, at a stretch; but you might
also consider the custom Wordnet vocabulary that the SWBPD WG created
for Wordnet-in-RDF. At the time, the proximity to SKOS was noted but
postponed. Now that SKOS is settling down, it might be worth looking
again at how far it is from such linguistically oriented data.

http://www.w3.org/TR/wordnet-rdf/

I don't know the exact status of Italian versions of Wordnet but
http://multiwordnet.itc.it/english/home.php seems active, although
license terms aren't as open as one might hope for -
http://multiwordnet.itc.it/english/licence.php

FWIW I'll be revisiting this topic as soon as I can get me an
installation of Semantic MediaWiki; I want to store "flash card"
mappings in a wiki in a form that can be reformatted nicely for printing
and for quizzes. So let's stay in touch...

cheers,

Dan